Friday, September 14, 2007

Ramen 2

Tonkotsu ramen ($10.90) / Ramenkan
★★★ (out of 5)



Ramenkan is located near by Chinatown. Sujin and I like this restaurant. This ramen is Tonkotsu (pork bone), which my favorite. It's really delicious, but salty (a like salty food though). Like other Tonkotsu ramen, this ramen is also heavy. I think it's a characteristic of Tonkotsu ramen. Toppings are pickled ginger and some vegetables which I don't know, and I don't like these toppings. The kinky noodle is not familiar with me, cause I eat straight noodle in my hometown, but I like it. Attitudes of the staffs are good, I think. The one thing I have to say is this ramen is a bit expensive. By the way, you should try Chicken Omelet in Ramenkan. It's very yummy.


Wagamama ramen ($16.50) / Wagamama
★ (out of 5)

Oh... I wanna share my terrible experience. One day, Ella and I were going to go to Ishi-ban Boshi, which I mentioned in last post. However, we changed our minds, cause we realized that we've never been to the restaurant located one level under Ichi-ban Boshi. Name of the restaurant was "Wagamama". We knew the restaurant was popular, cause we often saw a line when we passed it,so we decided to have a dinner in "Wagamama". Then, we entered the restaurant, and ordered wagamama ramen, and... we were disappointed, no, got angry actually. It p***** us of!!

The main reasons of that is following;

1. Too expensive
$16.50!? The first time when we saw the price, our eyes popped out with
astonishment. Usually, the price of ramen is around $8.00.

2. Too small
Even though we paid $16.50, we could not be full.

3. This is NOT ramen!!
The most important thing is that this is not ramen. Every thing (soup, noodle,
toppings) is totally different from ramen. This is some other noodle soup. Or,
maybe new type of ramen. But I cannot say this is ramen. Also the taste is not
very nice.

Staffs were nice, so the star is for staffs.
Of course, this is just my opinion. You might not agree with me. I know Wagamama is a popular restaurant (I've heard there are Wagamama in some other countries). However, I just don't like it. I will never go to the restaurant.


Kumamoto ramen (?) / Takeru
★★★★ (out of 5)

Do you know the name of my hometown? Yes, it's KUMAMOTO. And this ramen's name is also KUMAMOTO! I wanted my hometown's ramen, and I found it! This ramen is OF COURSE Tonkotsu ramen. It reminded me of Kumamoto, beautiful city. I forgot to check the price, sorry. The restaurant, Takeru, is located near by Great Union.

No comments: