Friday, September 14, 2007

Hope it's gonna be amazing

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out / Panic! At The Disco
★★★★★ (out of 5)

This is a fantastic album from Panic! At The Disco. I don't know whether they're famous or not, but I like their songs. I saw their music video (is it music video? I call it promotion video, but I don't know if it's correct) on TV, when I was living in homestay. It was the first time I saw them. The song was "I Write Sins Not Tragedies". Its music video was really unique and original. I liked it. I think you can watch it on YouTube. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" is contained in this album. Other songs are also good. I specially like "Time To Dance", 'cause the tempo is fast and melody is good. But honestly, I don't understand the meaning of the lyrics.

"Well, she’s not bleeding on the ballroom floor
Just for the attention.
'Cause that’s just ridiculous
Well she sure is gonna get it
Here’s the setting:
Fashion magazines line the walls now
The walls line the bullet holes..."
(from the lyrics of Time To Dance)

I like vocalist's voice. It's comfortable to listen to the voice. Also all songs are fast and good melody. The lyrics? I don't care. I listen to the songs on the way to school to wake me up.
I do like meaningful songs, for instance peace songs are definitely my favorite. I consider the lyrics if it's Japanese song, because I can understand. I don't understand the meanings of the lyrics of this album, it's alright. Anyway, I like the songs.

The friend who lent me this CD is a guitarist. His band "FLAMINGO CRASH" released an album "Triangle Island" in August in Australia and Japan. They're all Australian, but contracted with both Australian and Japanese companies. They're going to have tours in Tokyo and Brisbane. Unfortunately, I cannot go the tour. When I'm in Japan, they have the tour in Australia, and when I come back to Australia, they have the tour in Japan. How unlucky I am. I do hope their tour's gonna be fantastic. If you're interested in "FLAMINGO CRASH", you can see their performance on YouTube, or of course buy the CD. I'm sure their songs are exciting and great.

Official Website →http://www.flamingocrash.com/
If you are Japanese →http://label.vinyl-junkie.com/flamingocrash/

No comments: